Monday, February 18, 2013

Status Update

Hello Everyone!

I have only 10 minutes to write this, because I have class at 2:00 pm. Here's a quick report of what's going on in my life.

First of all, let's point out the things I could go without here.  I can only think of one: heat!  It is so hot and humid here! Right now it's 86 degrees with 70% humidity.  There is no breeze, and standing in the sun is difficult.

That's it!

Everything else is absolutely wonderful.  I've been fortunate enough to make quite a few new friends.  We've shared numerous great times together; there are more to come!  My "dorm" isn't much of one, in fact, it's more like an apartment.  I have my own room.  There is a stove, fridge, microwave, sink, table, couches, and tv in the commons area.  I have access to a free washing machine, and the showers are rain showers.  Not too shabby, and it's less than half the price of where I lived last semester: 120 South Randall Ave.

Classes are going to be easy.  I'm going to have so much time to do whatever I want.  I only have one today: Pacific History.

Suva is said to be the New York of the Pacific.  There are endless things to do here!

Supplies have proven to be a bit pricey, but the food costs about the same here as it does at home.

This weekend there will be hiking!

Life is rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment