Sunday, January 6, 2013

Countdown to Liftoff: 2 days


The time is almost upon me.  I have only two days until I find myself at the starting line of an epic journey.  By this time next week, I will be in the bustling city Bangkok.  All new people, languages, text, mannerisms, currency, sights, time zone, landscape, food, music; all new everything.  Not only that, but everything up to it will be a new experience. I have never been inside of an airplane before or been farther than 50 miles from the border of the United States.  I only speak English (and a semester's worth of Portuguese).  I've never seen the ocean.  I've never traveled with everything that I'll ever need, for a month, strapped to my back.  I will shit bricks when I land in Thailand, and I am, without doubt, a bit anxious about what's to come, but I couldn't be more excited!  The moment I step onto Thai soil, a long, colorful journey will commence, and with it, the start of a new me.

Now, I must confess. I stole the idea of embedding music to each post from Mr. Kyle McChesney.  He's a real blogging pro; it'd be worth your time to check out his tasteful blog here: http://www.kgmtol.blogspot.com/.  Sunlight, by the Bag Raiders, was bumped the entire ride up in Mr. Eric Miller's Ford Taurus to Summerset.  Its groove marked the beginning of a great time and a great semester.  I felt it appropriate that it marks the of (hopefully) another great time.  This one is for you Eric and Anthony. (Disclaimer: I wouldn't recommend actually watching the video. Just enjoy its sound)

No comments:

Post a Comment