Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Status Update

Hello from Chiang Mai!

This morning I woke up and checked the date on my watch: 1/23. We were not where we needed to be at this point, I'll elaborate, but only a bit because I am without my laptop and forced to type this post on my iPad. On this 16th we stored our luggage at Bangkok Self Storage, and the plan was to pick it up in exactly one week. Perfect, because the train tickets we had bought would bring us back to Bangkok on the 23rd. For some reason, we were under the understanding that it would leave today: the 23rd. I don't know how this idea came about, but it did. Quickly, after realizing that we may have missed our train, we scrambled through To's backpack, grabbed the tickets, and read the date of departure: 22nd. Wow... We had missed our train back. To laughed hysterically. I wasn't quite as amused by the situation, but it could be worse. We made our way to the train station and bought tickets back to Bangkok. The only issue was that there currently weren't any ac sleeper car spots left, we would have to tough it out in a seat for 14 hours. Sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. In exactly 1 hour and 28 minutes we will be boarding our train, but who knows, we might be understanding incorrectly once again...

Our efforts during these next 15 hours will be rewarded in the south with powdery sand between our toes, and cold beers in our hands.

I shall choose to close by sharing the inspiring words from the little engine that could, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."

No comments:

Post a Comment